Leibinger Egg coding with EP printers
Fast, flexible and reliable
- Easy integration into Moba and Diamond systems (Moba Group) thanks to complete installation kits
- High-quality and reliable egg coding for maximum food safety
- Coding up to 252,000 eggs per hour (using 8 lanes and 8 printers)
What are the advantages from egg coding?
- Increased transparency and food safety foster trust among consumers
- Complete product and process traceability for egg producers and consumers
- Purchase-related information is passed on to the end consumer (e.g. farming conditions)
- Concrete differentiation between competitors (especially in countries without mandatory marking and coding of eggs and egg cartons)
- Retaining customers: Eggs with manufacturer logos create recognition value and contribute to brand identity, especially in developing countries where eggs are sold individually and not packaged together
- Increased production efficiency
Why code eggs and egg cartons with LEIBINGER inkjet printers?
Continuous inkjet printers provide maximum flexibility in coding eggs and egg cartons. These printers can be used to imprint any packaging material and even the eggshell itself with fixed or variable information. Thanks to non-contact printing, different sized eggs are coded safely and reliably without readjusting the printhead.
It’s your choice! The egg coding can be positioned anywhere thanks to the flexible printhead. From end to end: front-side, bottom-side or top-side printing. Paul LEIBINGER has specially developed an elbow printhead for the egg industry, which provides top-side printing of the eggs even in cases where the conditions in the egg sorting machine are very cramped.
Easy integration! LEIBINGER egg printers are compatible with Moba and Diamond egg sorting and packaging machines (Moba Group). They are shipped with all interfaces, connections and cable sets, allowing for quick and easy plug-and-play integration. Complete integration into the egg sorting machine provides enormous advantages, such as automatic application of any changes in printing data for all printers in the system and automatic updates to the expiration date. It also ensures that each individual egg is imprinted with information that is specific to that egg.
Paul LEIBINGER offers all egg producers a complete solution for coding your eggs and egg cartons, including FDA and EU-compliant food-grade inks, the optional IP-65 protection class for protection against dust and spraying water as well as the automated Sealtronic nozzle seal (integrated by default) to prevent ink from drying out in the printhead.
Marking and coding eggs and egg cartons with just one technology
Continuous inkjet printers can be used for marking and coding both eggshells and egg cartons. This means that egg producers who opt for a CIJ printer from LEIBINGER have a critical advantage: Instead of learning how to use several different printers, they only need to be familiar with and able to operate one printing system. This offers enormous efficiency advantages in the daily production process, e.g. in daily work on the system, training personnel, identical ink supplies for all printers, etc. In addition, you can switch to a different packaging material seamlessly when using continuous inkjet printers.
Easy integration: Plug-and-play
Automatic management, control and inspection: Thanks to complete integration into Moba and Diamond egg sorting machines (Moba Group), the marking and coding printout can be managed at a central location and the printers can be controlled using the egg sorting machine. Paul LEIBINGER provides you with complete installation kits for this purpose.
- Automatic printing data transfer from the control system of the egg sorting machine to the printer
- Automatic updates to data that changes on a regular basis, such as expiration date
- Central management of the print data: Printing data or data sets can be changed easily for all printers using the control system of the egg sorting machine
- Accurate imprinting of eggs using egg-specific data
- Precisely positioned printing on the egg shell or carton
- Marking and coding printout can be changed conveniently for different customers
Special inks for egg coding
- FDA and EU-compliant inks that fulfill current laws and stringent health requirements for direct printing on food
- Excellent legibility when marking and coding both white and brown eggs
- Excellent legibility on cartons and all other packaging materials such as paper, plastic, foam or shrink wrap
- Low consumption costs
- Fast-drying inks (within 1 second)
Highest availability: Automated Sealtronic nozzle seal
All LEIBINGER continuous inkjet printers are equipped with the automated Sealtronic nozzle seal. This means that during production pauses or upon shut-down of the printer, the gutter is moved to the nozzle, forming an airtight circuit. The ink in the printhead does not dry out and the CIJ printer is always ready to use. No time-consuming cleaning is required, even after long downtimes.